We have been trialling this unit for two years now, often alongside our professional Casella CEL-712 particle counter ……. and its performance in the field is very impressive for the price!!
Built in China and not as rugged as the Casella unit but at a fraction of the cost. The leaflet, (in very interesting English), asserts that error margin is <20%. In practice it appears to be well within that margin.
Simple to use and set up – this instrument is ideal for conducting indicative qualtitative checks, eg at LEV TExTs, on break-through levels from recirculating dust filters.
This is an ‘Indicative’ monitor – but it will identify very effectively if there is any significant break-through occurring. It will also provide generic indications of the levels of PM10 and PM2.5 at break-through.
We would still use our Casella CEL-712 for occupational hygiene monitoring projects ….. but the HT9600 …. has so many practical applications – and, as indicated, – especially for filter breakthrough checking. The instruction leaflet asserts that error margin is <20%. In our field trials with this unit it appears to be well within that margin.
Not suitable for calibration (due to purchase cost being so low) – but in the field we run it (eg in an office) in a ‘clean’ air environment; note the values recorded and use that as a relative indicator when checking the outlets from recirculating filters.
Has 2 chanels which run in parallel; PM10 and PM2.5.
Do bear in mind that the display is in μg/m3 so you need to divide by 1000 to get mg/m3. Also measures Temperature and Humidity.
– Air quality detection: PM2.5 Pm10
– Range: (0-1000ug/m3 )
– Concentration unit: ug/cubic meter (ug/m3)
– Detection sensitivity: 1ug
– Measurement error: < ±20%
– Three-channel dust particle counter: 0.3um 2.5um 10um
– Flowrate: 1L/min
– Sampling principle: light scattering
– Light source: laser diode
– Automatic power-off function: it will power off automatically if there is no operation within 2 minutes at power-on state.
– Connection – USB
– Work time of the battery: the time for continuous test is longer than 3 hours.
– Displays remaining battery capacity
– External size: 245*40*85mm
– Weight: 325g
Download the HT-9600 Addendum Manual (original OEM one is Chinese-English 🙁 ) HT-9600 User Manual v1.1