HIRE (HSE) Modified Swinnex Welding/Solder Fume Heads
Kits available containing 5 or 10 modified Swinnex Welding Fume collection heads for use with Casella APEX sampling pumps (see Casella APEX Pumps for Hire if you require pumps).
These are HSE’s preferred collection heads for determining ‘In Visor’ exposures to Welding Fume. They are also HSE’s preferred collection method for monitoring Solder Fume (Colophony) exposures.
The kit also contains a DryCal primary calibrator (or equivalent). The DryCal DC-Lite offers a primary flow standard that can be used for accurate calibration of the air sampling pumps. Displays flow rate, flow average with number of readings – no fiddling with rotameters.
Pre-weighed 13mm MCE filters are available with analytical options of Gravimetric, Welding Fume Suite or Colophony (solder fume) from IOM Consulting Limited, Research Avenue North, Riccarton, Edinburgh EH14 4AP; Tel 0131 449 8059. Contact Steve Clark, Mineralogy Section Manager.
HSE’s Research Report RR753 “In Visor Testing” can be downloaded here: HSE RR753
Note:- Pre-Paid Return Courier option available (see below under ‘Returns’)
Available for hire to UK addresses only
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Please carefully inspect equipment for missing items/damage on arrival.
- If delivery case/packaging is damaged – do not accept from courier.
- Report any issues prior to use.
- Renter is responsible for return carriage.
- Why not select our Pre-Paid Collection/Returns Service?
- We will arrange for our Courier to collect from your site the day after the end of the hire period.
- See option at Check-out or follow Link here: Pre-Paid Courier Collection
- If using own Courier – Returns must be insured for not less than £500.
- Late returns will be charged pro-rata.
- Kit inspected for damage/missing items on return.
- Damage/missing items charged back to renter.